Here it is, the obligatory “best of 2013” post. It is, of course, limited to the books that I actually read during 2013, a group that — in a clear sign of my dedication to Twilight Ridge — almost exactly equates to the books that I reviewed here on this site. I read only a small handful of additional titles beyond those that I reviewed. Without further hand-waving, here’s the top five:
- Carl Shuker, Anti Lebanon
- Nathan Ballingrud, North American Lake Monsters
- Michael Marshall Smith, Everything You Need
- David Nickle, The ‘Geisters
- John Langan, The Wide, Carnivorous Sky
Runner-up: Michael McBride, The Coyote.